Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sherman Library and Gardens










Yesterday I went with a friend to Sherman Library and Gardens in Corona Del Mar.  We left the gray, drizzly foothills and an hour or so later were down in the sunshine near the beach.  It was a gorgeous day.  Neither of us had ever been there and we were pleasantly surprised at the scope of the gardens for its size.  It is located right off Pacific Coast Highway in a lovely area of Corona Del Mar not far from the beach in a residential/business district.  They also have a lovely gift shop!

We then had a wonderful lunch at Bristol Farms and made one more stop at Rogers Gardens which is amazing!  I definitely want to go back around Christmas - they have an extensive selection of gorgeous Christmas ornaments by Christopher Radko, Debbee Thibault and others, and were putting out Easter items yesterday.  Their selection of plants, trees, etc. is like none I've ever seen. 

We then made the drive home in our "wonderful" LA-Friday afternoon traffic; our least favorite part of the day, but so worth it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely photos! i've not been there, looks wonderful.

farmlady said...

What a beautiful day! I thought you were having awful weather down there. The news media talks like all the rain is sliding all of L.A. into the Ocean.
Lovely photos. I would love to see this someday.

robin dudley-howes said...

Hi Susan
Thanks for coming over to my place and leaving a comment. Pretty photos you have here. Love the raindows. Can never see too many of them!
robin

Karen Burns said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I looked at your "Irish Eyes Charm Bracelet" on Etsy and it is wonderful! Good luck with the Ice Resin. You won't have any problems with it, it works really well!

Karen

Marie S said...

I have never been to the Sherman Library, it sounds wonderful.
And a good day trip from here.
Nice flowers too!

Thanks for coming by Susan, I am so sorry I haven't been here for a while. Life just seemed to get in my way! I hope you are doing well. Oh, and I LOVE the Irish eyes charm bracelet. Very very nice!
Take care and love and hugs.

Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the tour of Sherman Gardens. I've never been there. It looks beautiful!!! Must make time for a trip!

windflowers said...

so beautiful..so nice..peaceful place too, i think..