Monday, January 19, 2009

All Blocked!




My cousin's birthday gift is finished! I blocked it yesterday using TIG rods (used in welding) and quilter's T-pins. The top two photos are of it in the process of drying - they aren't very pretty, but it sure worked like a charm! I didn't want to have to buy blocking wires right now, so I researched blocking techniques on Ravelry and read about using the TIG rods. My dad has them, so it seemed like a no-brainer!

I think it turned out great, especially for my first time blocking something, albeit this was a very easy blocking project and a good one to start out with! My cousin's birthday is today, but we are getting together tomorrow to go see a movie ("Slumdog Millionaire") and I will give it to her then. I hope the weather cools down so that she can wear it soon!

No comments: