Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Still Here!


It seems like such a long time since I last posted. I woke up early New Year's Day with a horrible sore throat and it has progressed to one of the worst colds I've had in years. I have had laryngitis for almost one week now and a cough that is very annoying. I do feel a little bit better today though.

The top picture is of the Stealth Bomber (B2 Bomber) that made flyovers at the Rose Parade and at the Rose Bowl game on New Year's Day. It is so thrilling to see it so close. There were actually two of them, but I could only get a picture of the one. It flew really low over our house, but by the time I could get my camera ready, I had almost missed it and this was the best one I got. I got some really great pictures of it in years past, but I think those pictures are on my old computer and I need to sit down some day and go through all of them and put them onto CDs.

The knitting project I'm working on now is for my Mom. It is "Poinsettia" from the Winter 2008 knitty.com. I'm enjoying working on it and I'm over halfway done, so I'm hoping to finish it up this weekend. The yarn I'm using is Classic Elite's "Alpaca Sox" yarn which is 60% alpaca (I LOVE alpaca), 20% Merino wool, and 20% nylon - it is so soft and luxurious, and I love the slight variations in the colorway.

I finished my cousin's butterfly muffler/scarf and now just have to block it so I can give it to her for her birthday, which is fast approaching. I had hoped to give it to her for Christmas, but I wasn't able to get it finished, so now it will be her birthday gift!

No comments: