Sunday, November 7, 2010

Making Progress



After a craptastic August and September, I seem to have lost my crafting mojo and it was nowhere to be found.  Slowly, but surely, it seems to be creeping back.

I have had this Bernat "Galaxy" yarn (which sadly has been discontinued) in the Mars colorway for years, and finally decided to dig it out last night and start knitting a simple scarf for myself.  I love when a yarn does "all the work" and all you have to do is mindlessly knit.  I chose to do a simple scarf (I was "scarfed-out" from knitting so many when I first started knitting about five years ago), as I wanted a simple project to do while watching television in the evening.  I just casted on 15 stitches and started knitting and will continue to do so until I run out of yarn!  Hopefully the two skeins I have will make a decent-lengthed scarf.

What projects are you working on?

2 comments:

farmlady said...

I just recently started to knit. I LOVE IT. I'm slowly learning all the basics and it's so much fun when you master a certain stitch.
Today, because I'm down with a cold, I learned how to make a "bobble" in a line of knitting. I have found these online videos that really make it easy to understand. I'm a very visual learner and these videos are great.
I have made some washcloths which are wonderful to practice different stitches on. Now I'm making a colorful scarf for my daughter-in-law for Christmas.
It's my new enjoyment in life.
...and yes, two skeins will make a good long scarf.

Karen Burns said...

Yipee! Nothing better than a mindless project for when you sit down for the evening. I just started one, too, just 2 nights ago. My intention is to work on it in the evenings. It is a small wool work kit. I just buttonhole stitch around the pieces. There are 12 blocks that are only 4 1/2" square, but it will take me 2 or 3 evenings to do one block :-)

I like the color and texture of your yarn!