Thursday, April 16, 2009

April Arrival



Every April, these Black-headed Grosbeaks show up at my feeders. They stay for a while and then move on to wherever it is they go. I just love the markings on their wings and their bright orange color. It's hard to get a closer photo, as they fly off at the slightest sound. I had to take these photos a farther distance away than I would have liked to, but I'm glad I at least got these. There are just two of them right now, but usually more show up. I'm hoping they do!

And the cute, furry little character in the bottom picture gets into my flower pots I have on my front porch almost every morning! We have our little ritual - she digs in the pots, getting dirt all over the place, and I then go out, sweep it up and put it back in the flower pots! You can't get mad at a face like that!

No comments: