Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Halloween in July!



It all started with a trip to the quilt shop for some Sulky Water Soluble Stabilizer, which I got, but when I saw these Halloween fabrics they had just gotten in, I had to have some. I love the graphics on these fabrics. The fabric in the bottom photo reminds me of vintage Halloween decorations from the 50s and 60s! I am going to cut out the motifs to sew onto the orange plastic mesh "fabric" to make a tote bag. I got the idea from one they had made up as a beach tote. I bought the novelty yarns to crochet a fun border along the top. The fact that most everything in the store is 40% off was just an added bonus! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the fabric in the middle photo yet. I may make up some cute little fabric thumbtacks or magnets that are made with those little clear glass pebbles. I just couldn't pass it up - I especially love the little skulls! Have I mentioned that I am partial to skulls - that may seem creepy to some people, but I've always loved Day of the Dead sugar skulls and the skeletons that are dressed-up (I can't remember what they are called).

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. For those of us that live in the U.S., I can't believe the Fourth of July is this Friday already, can you?! We usually have a BBQ with my brother, sister-in-law and my two adorable nephews and then watch the fireworks from our neighbor's yard that our high school has every year. We have a great view. It's the perfect ending to a fun day spent with family.

What plans do you have to celebrate this Fourth? Whatever you do, have a safe and wonderful Fourth!

No comments: