Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Floral Sunday




Nothing much to blog about this weekend, so I decided to take some pictures of the flowers in my yard. The sunflowers are a result of the black oil sunflower seeds that I put out for the birds and squirrels. They were not planned, but I let them grow, as the finches love to eat the leaves! I'm hoping they will eat the seeds out of the flower head when they're ready. I used the "cartoon effect" option in my Kodak EasyShare Software that came with my digital camera for some of the photos. I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so my editing of pictures is rather limited. Hope you enjoy these pictures. I think the hydrangea bloom almost looks like a heart, and I love the swirl design in the middle of the sunflower where the seeds will develop in the top photo that I left untouched.

Here's wishing everyone a lovely Sunday!

No comments: