Friday, June 6, 2008

Eye Candy Friday




Since I don't have anything of the crafty persuasion to share today, I thought I'd at least share these beautiful pictures with you. I took these recently in nearby Eaton Canyon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eaton_Canyon). My cousin and I go on weekly hikes around the area where we live. We have found some beautiful hiking trails and are always looking for new ones to try. This particular hike was three miles roundtrip with approximately 12 stream crossings. I was more worried about dropping my camera in the stream than I was of slipping and falling into the water. I wouldn't have minded if I had gotten wet - now my camera is a different story! It was a close call a couple of times, but I handed my camera to "C" after she had gotten almost across just in case I fell. We repeated this little ritual most of the way up to the falls and on the way back. We didn't go all the way up to Eaton Falls, as there was a group of about ten guys who kept looking back at us and we both had a very uncomfortable feeling about the whole thing, so we decided that we would make it another time. We made it close enough that we could see part of the waterfall at least. We'll definitely go back.

I hope to have some jewelry items made soon for my Etsy shop and will share those with you when I do. I've been busy with work lately and when I've had any spare time, I've been out in my garden since the weather has been so nice. I also have a room that I must finish painting, which has been a little bit of an overwhelming job. So, needless to say, my jewelry-making has been put on the back burner recently. I'm looking forward to getting back to it and getting some items made and into my Etsy shop, which is a rather lonely place at the moment (it's empty).

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Can you believe it? Next Saturday (the 21st) is the first day of Summer! I must say that I am not looking forward to the hot weather. It seems that the older I get, the more the heat bothers me!

No comments: