Monday, June 9, 2008

What's in a Name?

Well, I decided to change the title of my blog. I've decided on "susabella's creative pursuits", as I want to include not only knitting (as I had originally planned) but also the other interests that I have and whatever else inspires me. I also wanted to keep the cohesiveness of my Etsy shop's name "susabella" in the title.

I've been reading quite a few blogs that I really enjoy, one of my favorites being "feeling stitchy!" (http://flickrembroidery.blogspot.com/2007/05/crafty-blog-school.html). Floresita's talents simply amaze me. She started a Flickr group and blog for embroidery enthusiasts and I've learned so much in the short time that I've been reading it. She did a whole series of blog posts dealing with starting a blog, where to blog, choosing a template, creating a blog name and header, etc. It gives such good information, mainly aimed at us crafty types with blogs, but could be applied to anyone's blog. You should really check it out. Besides this blog, she also has a Flicker group, "Vintage Transfer Finds" (http://mytransfers.blogspot.com/) dealing with vintage embroidery transfers that I love, and her blog "things I've made" ( http://unafloresita.blogspot.com/). Perusing the patterns that Floresita and other members have graciously scanned and uploaded on Flickr (there are no copyright issues, as the companies no longer exist) for everyone to enjoy has brought back such fond memories for me, as I remember seeing embroidered linens when I was growing up that my great-grandmothers had stitched. My grandfather even did some embroidery - talk about a man who wasn't afraid to pick up a needle and stitch! I just wish they had all lived long enough to share this with me.

Well, I just thought I'd explain why the name of my blog has changed, just in case anyone noticed!

Have a great week!

No comments: